Rachel Morgan's Reviews > Oppression

Oppression by Jessica Therrien

Jan 17, 2012

Read from February 01 to 12, 2012

(First posted on Rachel Morgan Writes):

Don't you love it when a book wastes no time getting to the action? By action I mean Something Important Happens. Well, you don't have to wait long for Something To Happen in OPPRESSION. Barely three pages in and the opening scene ends in a chilling moment that, I swear, I could almost hear ringing in my ears! And the Somethings just kept coming!

OPPRESSION involves a unique take on Greek mythology. Confesssion #1: I've always been fascinated by mythology. Confession #2: I love the idea of supernatural abilties! Seriously. I was a major fan of the TV show Heroes. So give me a book full of characters with superhuman talents--like OPPRESSION's descendants of the gods--and I'm happy!

As well as mythology, there's also action, intrigue, humour, aaaaand (one of my faves) romance! And what a refreshing romance it was. In a literary world full of brooding bad boys who spend at least half the novel pushing the heroine away, OPPRESSION stands out with a love story where the guy is honest from the beginning about the fact that he likes the girl. Yay William! *swoon*

I'm keen to read the next book :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oppression.

02/01/2012
8.0% "No time wasted getting into the action! Me likes ;-)"
02/10/2012
52.0% ""Waking up next to William was both a thrilling realization and a horrifyingly embarrassing experience." LOL!"
11/02/2016 marked as: read