Jes's Reviews > Island of Lost Girls

Island of Lost Girls by Jennifer McMahon

Feb 08, 12

Read on February 08, 2012

I had a hard time rating this book - I can't say I didn't enjoy reading it - I was actually pretty captivated. But it was such a bizarre and twisted story that I was just very disturbed - part of it almost seemed like a horror to me and that's not a genre I love. A lot was left unresolved in my mind at the end but not necessarily in an unsatisfying way. So - why 3 stars? I guess I would give it 2.5 stars if I could, but in the end it kept me very interested and unsuspecting of the twists and turns - a little like watching a train wreck and I couldn't turn away - I really wanted to keep reading and find out what happened, which is worth a couple of stars to me. Some good imagery and thoughtful description, highlight worthy lines that made me think. It was $2.99 on a Kindle special - I think for the month of November, and it was definitely worth that much but I am glad I didn't pay full price.

The basic story is about a tragic kidnapping but really about the female protagonist, who witnessed the kidnapping, digging up and dealing with demons and unsolved mysteries from her childhood.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Island of Lost Girls.