Jessica's Reviews > Victoria and the Rogue

Jan 17, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012, historical-fiction, romance, young-adult
Read on January 22, 2012

I feel very similarly about Victoria and the Rogue as I do about Nicola and the Viscount. Both are early Meg Cabot works, and are historical fiction teen romance (I use the word romance so lightly in this case- it's really just a sweet love story) novels. As a big Meg Cabot fan, I'm so glad that I've read them. It's always fun to see where an author started from, and to read their works past and present. Seeing the evolution of their writing, their writing styles, the plot lines they create and characters they work with- it's all a part of the experience of reading the same author.

All of that being said, this was very much a reading experience that, for me, fell under the category of "I could take it or leave it." I likely won't read the book again. I'll recommend it only to one friend of mine (another Cabot fan, and in fact, the one who got me hooked), but wouldn't recommend it to others. It's cute, and if it's something you're in the mood for, then great. I wouldn't go out of my way to search for this on shelves though. You're better off reading one of her more recent works.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Victoria and the Rogue.

01/22/2012 page 98