Jess's Reviews > Flirting with Boys

Flirting with Boys by Hailey Abbott

Jan 18, 12

bookshelves: 2012-new, young-adult, ya-contemporary, 2012-all, library-book
Read on January 17, 2012

I really enjoyed the premise and that it was contemporary YA written in third person (third person!), but my major issue was where the book ended. When I'm reading on my cell phone I find that I have a very hard time gauging when the end of a book is coming and so this just felt really abrupt. Almost unfinished. But it was definitely cute and the love triangle wasn't obnoxious, so that was a plus.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flirting with Boys.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait (new)

Cait I just. you read on your phone?! More power to you, it does my head in after a while.

Jess It doesn't hurt my eyes at all, which is nice. I was expecting to have more problems with it.

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait what do you use - app wise I mean?

Jess I've been using the Overdrive app since these are library books and that's the requirement.

message 5: by Cait (new)

Cait oohhhh. I assumed they were ebooks that you owned/"owned".

Jess No, I haven't tried that yet. I've got the Kindle for Android app downloaded, but haven't tried loading any of my own books.

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie You should also be able to read the Kindle version of library books through the app. Which might be easier? You can just send them from your computer directly to the app.

Jess I'm not entirely sure I followed, but that's useful information!

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Heee, let me know if you want more info, but you should be able to go to the library site on your computer and check out the Kindle ebook. Then it will send you to the Amazon website and Amazon should let you send it directly to the app. (Ha, that might not have cleared up, but Is wear! It's really easy!)

I haven't checked books out on a cell phone, so I'm not sure how it works there, but it's WAY easier to do the Kindle version than it was on my old eReader or even just directly to my computer.

message 10: by Jess (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jess Ooooh. I see.

It's actually pretty easy to do via overdrive on my cell. I open the app, it directs me to the right website, I login with my library info, check the book out and then it downloads to my cell.

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie Aw yeah. That doesn't sound bad at all!