Krystalyn's Reviews > Waiting for You

Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti

Jan 21, 2012

Read in January, 2010

This book sits a little to close to my heart. I guess because most of what the main character experienced and felt mirrors mine.

A year before reading Waiting For You. I was under depression. No one knew, not my parent, not my room mates(all 10 of them, though maybe one or two suspects something was wrong), even I didn't know at the time. Though Marisa(the main character), had different circumstances, we felt the same way when the depression hit. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I didn't want to see the look in there faces, a mixture of pity and disappointment. I wanted to bathe in my misery(nurture it and make it mine). I didn't understand were the misery came from, everything just seems so grey. I wasn't eating right, because in my dormitory eating comes with socializing. so I sneak into the kitchen late at night and eat, then I would feel awful about it and go back to bed. I slept all day, I didn't go to class[more disappointments there]. I'm awake all night when everybody is asleep. I never wanted to leave my bed. Marisa's outlet was the mystery DJ, my outlet were movies and books.

Sometimes life give you challenges and it's either you confront it head on or cower back into a corner. Marisa chooses the latter. This is a story of hope,acceptance and trying to change yourself for the better. It doesn't matter how much you fail as long as you get there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waiting for You.