Gina's Reviews > The Odds: A Love Story

The Odds by Stewart O'Nan

I listened to this very short book on CD and from that I can say I thought it was the most boring, dry, blah book ever. The narrator was monotone and didn't seem to put much effort into it. I really had no idea what was going on until well into the second of four CDs. A couple is broke and their marriage is falling apart so they decide to take a trip to Niagra Falls and gamble with the rest of their life savings to see if they can save their necks and possibly their marriage. I think I am being very very generous with a 2 star review. I have never read this author before and I want to go to a library or bookstore and skim the book before I say anything else. Maybe if I read it, I might understand what the heck is going on better. We will see but right now an extremely generous 2 until I see an actual copy of the book or even any book by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Odds.

Quotes Gina Liked

Stewart O'Nan
“You couldn't relive your life, skipping the awful parts, without losing what made it worthwhile. You had to accept it as a whole--like the world, or the person you loved.”
Stewart O'Nan, The Odds: A Love Story