David E McClendon, Sr's Reviews > The Back of the Napkin: Solving Problems and Selling Ideas with Pictures

The Back of the Napkin by Dan Roam

Jan 21, 12

Read from January 17 to 21, 2012

I read The Back of the Napkin (Expanded Edition) on my Amazon Kindle Basic. While I love to read books on my Kindle, I would have to say that charts and most pictures are basically lost when using the Kindle. That being said, I have to say I enjoyed the book.

This book takes the reader on a little journey. Dan Roam shows us how he came up with the concept of using simple, basic, pictures drawn by hand to illustrate the concepts he was wishing to convey to his audiences.
Our author gives us several examples of how to illustrate problems and offers some interesting anecdotes to help make his point.

I think that The Back of the Napkin would be worthwhile reading, but I suggest reading it in the print version rather than on a book reader.

Book Review Policy
My policy on book reviews is to give you my honest opinion of the book. From time to time publishers will give me a copy of their book for free for the purpose of me reading the book and writing a review. The publishers understand when they give me the book that I am under no obligation to write a positive review.

If you will look at all my reviews, you will see that there have been occasions when I have written a negative review after having been given a book.

I often provide links to books on Amazon.com where you can purchase books and help support the continued operation of this blog. However, I strongly encourage you to check out your local library. Many libraries now offer electronic borrowing for free.

I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255
I obtained this book through the Wharton County Library. whartonco.lib.tx.us
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Back of the Napkin.

01/17/2012 page 47
16.0% "you saw a jack and a queen of hearts"
01/19/2012 page 98
34.0% "How many people can attend each lesson"
01/20/2012 page 121
42.0% "It is a rare pilot who can fly both ways."
01/21/2012 page 159
55.0% "As a baseline, we're not yet talking about where we'd like to go or how to get there"
01/21/2012 page 182
63.0% "We've all seen org charts"