Michael's Reviews > The Shadow Patrol

The Shadow Patrol by Alex Berenson

2065514
A man who the CIA think will give them inside information about Arab terrorists, double crosses them and blows himself up at the CIA station outside of Kabul, Afghanistan. Many CIA officers are killed.

We learn that there are American soldiers dealing drugs with the Taliban and someone is giving the Taliban information about American soldiers.

John Wells has been a CIA problem solver and is asked to travel to Kabul to find answers.

Knowing the country and fluent in the language, he poses as a Saudi and goes to a Taliban tribe active in the area. He plans to meet with the leader and discover if there is a CIA Mole.

The suspense builds as we read the story wondering if Wells will succeed and marveling at his ingenuity and skill.

The author offers more than just a suspense novel, there is a consideration of someone who is an American who believes in Islam. People question where the true loyalty would be to the U.S. or to Islams.

The author paints a realistic picture of what I would imagine Kabul to be like with the desert area surrounded by mountains and populated by warring tribes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow Patrol.

01/19/2012 page 150
36.0% "The hard work was just beginning."