Emily's Reviews > Shine

Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready

May 05, 12

Read from May 04 to 05, 2012

Where to start? I pre-ordered this book because I LOVED Shade & Shift SO, SO MUCH! Now I'm kicking myself for wasting the money and not getting the book from the library. The first 150ish pages, then entire time I kept thinking, when is this story going to pick up, (view spoiler) and I can't take anymore of this book (I almost put it down several times). So, I forced myself to get to the end, and all I can think is really, that's the end, what a let down. I'll be honest and say that to reach the end, I had to skip/skim the book, and I was barely able to keep from just jumping to the last chapter and calling it done. The worst part to me is there was this whole build-up of Zachary and Aura waiting to have sex until the B & B in Ireland, and to be honest the most romantic/sexy scene of the entire series was back at the river in Shift, followed by the scene when Logan gets his body back in Shift also. So, the build-up just fell flat in my opinion. I don't know why I'm giving this book a 3, I guess I'm feeling generous because I think Shade & Shift are so good. The biggest thing I learned in this series, is Aura does not do well as the main character, without Logan/Zachary by her side, she just struggles to tell her story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shine.