Elizabeth Noah Astle's Reviews > Pandora's Daughter

Pandora's Daughter by Iris Johansen

Jan 17, 12

Read in January, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I have read the Eve Duncan series where Megan Blair was a part of the story line. I have had this book for quite some time, I just never got around to reading it as I wanted to finish all of the Eve Duncan series first.

With that being said, I decided to read this story next so I had a little 'background' on Megan Blair. I know that in the Eve stories at first it was hard for Eve (and Joe) to accept the fact the Megan can hear people that have passed on. I will admit that it was an interesting story line with a touch of history thrown in to make the story possible.

The story pretty much starts with Megan in her late 20's. It does have a quick reference of her in her teens of the day when her mother died. In comes Neil Grady who Megan remembers from her teen years and that she had a crush on him. She later finds out that he was there when her mom was murdered and he thinks that Megan has more of gift that just one of hearing voices. He thinks that she is also a pandora--one who can 'open' other people's psychic gift--if they have one.

In the course of the story, Megan finds out the truth of her Uncle Phil--and the role that Grady played in it, and how Megan came to meet and become friends with Reneta. Megan and her group, go after Molina, who was ultimately responsible for the death of her mother, as her mom was responsible in a round about way of the death of his son, Steven. Megan does eventually fall for her crush, Grady, and they become involved. As with all other IJ books, the good guys will prevail.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandora's Daughter.