Charlotte's Reviews > Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

F 50x66
Apr 23, 2012

Read in April, 2012

AHH!! Ok this book was a-ama-zing (or zayn for you directionairs out there ;) )
My heart was beating so fast at so many parts, and you feel like your the "thrill seaker" here.
I absolutly reccomend this book, I couldn't put it down and I couldn't stop thinking about it when I wasn't reading it!
I read this quite fast, as I wanted to know what happend, so giving up two days worth of other things was definatly worth it.
I NEED the second book now, I just have to wait for a few more weeks till I can.

Ok so the story:
In the future, Chicago is split into 5 factions. Each with a different purpose. When 16, every teenager must decide if they still want to live in the same faction with their family which they have always lived in or choose a different faction. Every 16 year old must also take a test called the "aptitude test" which will determine which faction is "best for" them, helping them decide.
It tells the story of 16 Beatrice "Tris" and what it feels like to be "Divergent" meaning she belongs to more than one faction, and much more than that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.

Quotes Charlotte Liked

Veronica Roth
“Peter would probably throw a party if I stopped breathing.'

'Well,' he says, 'I would only go if there was cake.”

Veronica Roth
“Sometimes crying or laughing are the only options left, and laughing feels better right now.”

Veronica Roth
“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”

Veronica Roth
“I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though.”

Veronica Roth
“Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”