Forgotten Realms Queen's Reviews > Lover Avenged

Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward

Jan 17, 2012

Read in November, 2009

I really enjoyed Lover Avenged. I felt the last two in the series fell a little flat, mostly because she was setting up some new characters in order to carry on with the series.

This latest installment was wonderfully balanced between the story lines of Rhevenge, Xhex, John Matthews, Lash, and Wrath. Five lines seems like a lot, but they were woven together very well. You're able to enjoy each one and not lose any others within the fabric of the story.

Everything comes to light with Rhevenge. We learn his entire back story, as well as the story of the blackmailing Princess. I for one never saw that connection coming and loved how it was played out and put together.

Things between John Matthews and Xhex really get going, and I for one want to smack the pair of them for how they deal with it.

We learn more about how Lash has been fairing since his resurrection, and come to hate him even more.

And as for Wrath....well that one is such a bombshell. I don't want to give the Blind King's secrets away just yet, but for what happens to him alone you must pick up this book.

The only downfall to this book is that some things are not fully laid to rest. This of course is to open the door for the next book, but that is not the downside. The downside is that we have to wait a year for the next one...*sigh*

I've already begun my countdown....
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Avenged.

01/07 marked as: read