Deb's Reviews > Knit One, Kill Two

F_50x66
Feb 01, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, mystery, library-book
Read in February, 2012

I am an avid knitter and enjoy a good cozy mystery so I expected this book to be something I would like, given that it enjoys fairly decent ratings. I did not expect to find a poorly edited book full of errors, populated by cardboard charters who exist merely to do favors for the heroine of the book despite the fact they met her ten minutes ago.

Everything about this book rings false. From an Aunt who lives on a golf course and had previously sold huge amount of prime land to developers who is described as barely getting by to the heroine who is a CPA at a high-powered DC financial house but who thinks that $20,000 is a huge amount of money. I couldn't decide if it was more disturbing that the women who owns the knitting shop kept insisting the heroine see the shop the day after her aunt's funeral or the fact that the heroine visited her aunt regularly but have never been to the shop or met its regulars despite the fact that her aunt lived next door and spent most of her time there. The police are betrayed as idiots even though the heroine's actions are even more idiotic. I mostly kept reading to the end because this book was so bad, it was actually entertaining. The ending was so bad it seemed like it was spoofing the genre.

A final disturbing note is that there are a lot of terrible events that are revealed in the course of the story that are treated in an off-handed manner and add nothing to the book. The heroine seems to have the emotional depth of a moist towelette.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knit One, Kill Two.