Holly 's Reviews > Best Forgotten

Best Forgotten by Paula Vince

Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: books-2012

I have no idea if it was because I read this book in PDF format instead of print that it didn't appeal to me much. I had no idea the words would be so tiny on my Kindle, and I could barely focus in on it. Best Forgotten was easy to follow though, so I could keep up with most the plot line through the narrative.
The concept sounds very intriguing, and if you're a lady it probably sounds extra romantic. The book was just very cheesy though, and that isn't what I'm into. The character on the cover looks way older than the guy in the book is supposed to be too. I think the writing could have been very easily improved with a good editor who knew the basics of making something read smoother too. There were some words that were repeated twice, and the author's dialogue could have used improvement.
I almost wish I had gotten this book in print in the hopes of my review turning out differently. The character's girlfriend seemed off. Plus the lead guy was named Cortney. That just isn't cool. It makes the male way too feminine. He also cried a lot, and I don't care if you're into that or not, but a man crying at the drop of a hat just isn't attractive. One redeeming factor is that I was intrigued everyone spoke with an Australian accent. The way the letters are spelled in the narrative, and the dialogue easily give that away.
If you're into Christian romance, you might like this. Personally, I just could not find any interest in the book. I've learned not to request a book unless it can be read easier on a Kindle anymore.

This book was provided by Bookcrash in exchange for a review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Best Forgotten.