Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*'s Reviews > Finale

Spoiler Free Review
4.5 STARS out of 5
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Series: Book #4 in Hush Hush Series

'Scott didn't like the answer he kept coming back to.
If Nora had done this-
If Patch had helped her-
It didn't matter how carefully they'd covered their tracks. They'd miss something. Everyone always did. It was only a matter of time.'

~Inner monologue of Scott

Finale starts with Nora stepping up as leader of the Nephilim. Well trying to at least, she is met with heavy opposition. Not only is it widely known that she is dating a fallen angel. Patch. Nobody understands why the black hand appointed her "a human" suddenly turned a Nephilim to take his place. Needless to say she is not trusted or accepted amongst the Nephilim. And this is not good because Cheshvan is approaching. (Unfortunately fallen angels do not have the ability to feel. At all, not kisses, touches, cold, hot or pain they get nothing. Cheshvan is the one time of year angels can posses the Nephilim after forcing them to swear fealty. Then and only then are they able to feel via their Nephilim vessel.)

"You have to choose Nora. You can't be loyal to us and Patch. You're making an admirable go of it, but in the end, loyalty is about taking a side. You're either with the Nephilim or against us."
~Dante

Patch and Nora may have killed Hank but that has nothing on what they are up against now. Nora made an oath that could cost her and her mothers life if she does not lead the Nephilim against the fallen angels. Which means War, so in order to carry out the oath she must destroy all fallen angels. This is clearly not an option because she is in love with Patch.

'I'd lost Patch before, and not to be melodramatic, but death was preferable. Patch was in my life for a reason. I needed him. We were two halves of the same whole.'
~Inner monologue of Nora

Nora and Patch stage a break-up to convince the Nephilim she is 100% on their side, while Patch finds out everything he can about the fallen angels plans. Nora will work within the Nephilim. Of course not everything goes as planned. In fact things take such a bad turn I was unsure how Nora and Patch would survive.

"You're a strong girl, and your mine. But strength doesn't always mean brute force. You don't have to kickass to be a fighter. Violence doesn't equal strength. Lead your army by example. There's a better answer to all this. War isn't going to solve anything, but it will tear our two worlds apart, and there will be casualties, including humans. There's nothing heroic about this war. It will lead to destruction unlike anything you have ever seen."

~Patch to Nora

Thoughts

Lots of twist and turns in this book. We get a few new characters and Dabria makes some annoying appearances. Seriously, I hate that chick. Marcie was... well Marcie. And Vee really stepped up, I wish we could have gotten a little more of her. While I personally would have liked some more romance I still was satisfied due to the plot-lines which had more twist than a damn pretzel. I quickly zeroed in on the characters and the story and was left SHOCKED quite a few times. And the ending.... I LOVED IT!!!

This series has allowed Becca Fitzpatrick to carve a nice spot in YA-PNR and I will continue tot read her work. She is an author that can pull you in to her world with the snap a finger. I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys YA-PNR's.

My Ratings
Characters- Patch and Nora are Lovable but I hated a lot of the others
Writing Style- Good
Plot/Storyline- Suspenseful with lots of twist and turns
Steam Factor- PG-13
Overall- I loved it! I recommend it to lovers of YA/PNR/Fantasy!

Now go forth and read. Then come tell us about it on Goodreads!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finale.

Quotes Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Liked

Becca Fitzpatrick
“All I can think about is bed.”
“We’re sharing the same thought.”
“You’re thinking about bed too?”
“I’m thinking about YOU in MY bed.”
Becca Fitzpatrick, Finale

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Dante said, “I tried talking Nora into a ride, but she keeps blowing me off.”

“That’s because she has a hard-A boyfriend. He must have been
homeschooled, because he missed all those valuable lessons we learned in kindergarten, like sharing. He finds out you took Nora for a ride, he’ll wrap this shiny new Porsche around the nearest tree.”
Becca Fitzpatrick, Finale

10/22/2012 "Starting this tomorrow I'm tired."
10/23/2012 "FINALLY! I am starting my book!!!!" 6 comments
10/23/2012 "OH HELL NO! I can't stand Marcie. Ugghh, I just want to choke the life out of her..." 4 comments
10/23/2012 "Seriously, Nora, how the HELL do you manage to get yourself in these...tight situations???? WTFrick"
10/25/2012
56.0% 9 comments
10/25/2012 page 373
80.0% "HO. LEE. SHIT. I did not see that coming! Way to drop a twist. My ass was so wrapped up in the major plot I missed this curve ball. Well done Fitzpatrick ;)" 2 comments
10/26/2012 "Nora is KICASS BAD!!! Lovin her more and more! :)"
10/26/2012 "OH. NO. Oh no, oh no, oh no..... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..." 3 comments
10/26/2012 ": o SHOCKER!"
10/26/2012
100.0% "AWESOME FINALE!!!!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie Brewer Hahaha it will be THE BEST BOOK YET!!!!!! I've no doubt!!! *sniff sniff* I love you Patch!!!!!! :(

Shay So glad I read this series in time for the release of the final book!

message 3: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa I KNOW! I've enjoyed the series so far. I hope this last book clues everything up in a fantastic way!

Holly's pages in pink I'm there with you sister!!!!!

message 5: by I.Am.Reader (new)

I.Am.Reader Amen!

Jess * Jess Time To Read* You have my exact thoughts Alexis :)

Sofia Lazaridou it doesn't dissapoint Alex ;) In my opinion it was the best one

Blacky *Romance Addict* Wondeful review Alexis :)

message 10: by Dd (new)

Dd I belong to the rare group of readers who did not like Hush Hush.I had no intention of completing the series.But now I am going to--because of your review!!Great review.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* WOW really? I first read Hush Hush when I was just getting in to Paranormal books and I loved it! I admit that now after reading so many different books that my taste buds have changed. A LOT. However I stuck this series out because the story kept my interest. With that said I would really think about it. If you didn't much like the first book, I don't mean to sway you... But we like what we like, you know what I'm saying.

message 12: by Dd (new)

Dd Oh yes,completely.It happens a lot.Like with 50 shades.Some of my friends could not get why I liked Christian.Well I admit hating him in a few parts but otherwise I loved him.***sigh***
Well what can a girl do??? Afterall--"THE HEART WANTS WHAT IT WANTS"

message 13: by Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* (last edited Oct 27, 2012 10:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* So true! Btw, I loves Christian Grey!! ;)

message 16: by Nadd (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nadd Great Review! :D

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Nadd wrote: "Great Review! :D"

Thank you! :D

Kristy I have to agree with you this was a great ending and cleared up loose ends.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Kristy wrote: "I have to agree with you this was a great ending and cleared up loose ends."

Thanks Kristy!