Danica Page (One Page at a Time)'s Reviews > The Fairy Tale Trap

The Fairy Tale Trap by Emily Casey

Currently giving away a copy of this. Enter before Valentines Day! To enter giveaway, please visit this link.

I received this novel for review.

Here is part of my review:

I really liked this tale. We are all familiar with Beauty and the Beast, and if you're me you've read at least a few retellings of fairy tales. I have not read one more entertaining or original as this one. One gold star earned for an amazing plot.

The novel traces the story of Ivy Thorn, who honestly has an attitude. Ivy is a military brat and has finally moved to a new home once again. I loved Ivy's character. It was very easy for me to relate to her story and her personality. The novel was told in first person and I really felt like I was hearing words come straight from her mouth. Casey's writing was excellent and her characterization honed to a fine art.

I loved the pesky pixie who caused Ivy to be thrown into the fairy tale. He was a character that I can't wait to learn more about.

Like I mentioned, this story wasn't like the Disney version or any other version of Beauty and the Beast that I'm familiar with. I loved that. I can't wait to see what's next for Ivy in the sequel.

This story is also fairly short. It's a quick read that was really enjoyable. I definitely recommend this novel.

In Summary: A beautifully written and original tale of Beauty and the Beast that fans of the original tale and fans of fantasy alike will love.

For an extended review, please visit this link.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fairy Tale Trap.