Vicki's Reviews > Double Blind

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: 3-way, 4-way, cute-easy-read, erotica, m-m-romance, mafia
Read in February, 2012

4 STARS

I liked this book even better than the first one. The sex wasn’t AS hot, but the story was better and I liked the two MC’s more. Randy and Ethan clicked immediately for me and I was rooting for them from the start. The author managed to take the character of Randy, who came off as a bit sleazy in Special Delivery and turned him into a very likeable, sexy, funny and relatable guy. Ethan, also, was very endearing and relatable and his back story was interesting. I found the character of Crabtree intriguing and I liked how Los Vegas came alive and became almost like another character as well.

***SPOILER-ISH…..VERY MILD…DOES NOT GIVE AWAY PLOT POINTS***

Unfortunately this book had the opposite effect on the character of Sam for me – I liked him in book one, but in this book he was really annoying. This is supposed to be two years later, yet he came off more immature and childlike than ever. That combined with Randy confiding in him, when I’d rather he’d have confided in Ethan or times when he and Ethan were together and Sam insinuated himself into the situation (e.g. strip poker scene), or all of the time Randy spent with Sam – I just wanted Sam to GO AWAY! I was disappointed that he and Mitch were brought into the story so early on and that Sam stayed until the end, it took away from Randy and Ethan’s budding relationship and romance for me. I also didn’t like the revelation that Randy loved Sam. Huh? That grossed me out – I kept waiting for him to realize he really didn’t when he saw what love really was with Ethan. I mean he did come to the realization in a way, but not to the extent I would have preferred.

There were some slow parts – Randy’s detailed teachings of poker to Ethan, some of the poker games or Crabtree’s philosophies (of course I don’t play poker and have no interest in learning so that may be why), but these moments were few and far between.
The ending may wrap up a bit too neatly and may be too saccharinely sweet, but I’m a sucker for a HEA so I’m ok with that.

Overall an enjoyable read with fleshed out, likable characters and a cute story. I look forward to reading more books by Heidi Cullinan.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Blind.