Meg Dunley's Reviews > The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness

The Mindful Way through Depression by Mark         Williams

May 29, 13

bookshelves: mental-health, non-fiction, self-help, healing, illness
Read from January 16 to December 01, 2012

I was given this book title by a neurologist as a way to help manage my migraines (which are WAY under control now from other techniques as well). I did not finish this book as it got the point where I didn't feel like I needed to. The CD that came with it is useful (although a Temporal Mandibula Joint CD words better). I felt that the book became a little repetitive and I think I probably put it down then. When it was recommended to me, the neurologist put the clause around it...'I'm not saying you are depressed, however the techniques are just as useful for chronic pain.' Yes I agree, and I would add to that depression seems to follow chronic pain as the unwanted shadow. It was helpful then in that I dipped into depression during the peak of the long painful period. Thank goodness I am not there now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mindful Way through Depression.

03/08/2012 page 89
03/09/2012 page 103
38.0% "So far it has been all about teaching a 'mindfulness' with the way one approaches life with some little exercises, hinting at the 'program'. Was recommended this by my neurologist as an alternate way to manage my migraines - will have to keep at it! The accompanying cd has some great relaxation exercises although I probably need to finish the book & do the 8 week program to see if I really get the benefit."
05/29/2013 marked as: read