Liane's Reviews > The Best of Me

The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks

Jan 16, 12

Read in December, 2011

The Best Of Me, a story about first love and responsibilities. It's one of those books that will make you think of that cliché which says "if two people are meant to be together, what ever happens, they will find their way to be with one another". Like destiny, or fate.

The thing about this book is that I like how the characters are so responsible. I like how they think with their heads and not with their hearts (or penises). I like how they are stating the fact that love isn't everything. Although they're not saying it directly, it feels as if they're implying that. That even though you get to have a second chance with something or with your first love whom you're still madly in love with, you have to do the right thing. Because your time with him/her is already over. That you've already had a chance before and now that you've let it pass, you have to man up (even though you're a woman) and be mature enough to live with the consequences of your actions. I like how the book implied that you can't do something just because it makes you happy, you have to think about the people who are relying on you, too. Anyway, I like the book. I like how mature the characters were and how mature the decisions they made were.

Nicholas Sparks, once again, wrote a pungent tale about love that will make you think about second chances on first loves. And how the right decisions will not always make you happy.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Best of Me.