Shellys♥ Journal's Reviews > The Borrowers Aloft

2060057
Feb 07, 12

bookshelves: 2012, childrens, fantasy, fiction, series
Read in January, 2012

This is the fourth book in "The Borrowers" series, the children's story that supposes that little people who live under the floor take all the things that are missing. In this book, our little Borrower family - Pod, Homily and Arriety - move into a miniature village called "Little Fordham". A rival mini village proprietor and his wife steal them away intending to put them on display for all to see. As the cage is prepared, the Borrowers are locked away in an impossibly high attic. How will they escape?

This was a very good book. I loved the twists and turns in this tale and the introduction of yet another "bad intention" human trying to profit from the little folks. The ingenious of the Borrowers is truly imaginative in this book as they explore the attic to maximize their captivity and try and plan their escape. My boys loved it, too. There were nights towards the end that we read extra chapters to move the story along.

Classic children's series for sure!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Borrowers Aloft.