Luciusoso's Reviews > A Shadow in Summer

A Shadow in Summer by Daniel Abraham

Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: jacob-fantasy-weld
Read from January 16 to 23, 2012

I liked this book, but i liked even more the prospect of finally finding a worth-reading saga

Truth be told, this book is pretty cool but i can't find it in my standards to rate it above 3 stars. Therefore, i just 'liked it'.

Although if you ask me what it lacked to be better, i wouldn't know what to answer. The plot is both original and captivating, with good characters design and very easy to read. In fact (skipping the first part of the book), i enjoyed each POV very much.

But the most important thing about this first book of the Quartet, is that after the end i started to glimpse the tip of an iceberg. I liked very much what could become of the story, and it DEFINITELY hooked me for what's coming next.

So this book got 3 out of 5, but the rest of the saga? I'm almost seeing a fourth or fifth star there. fo' shore

Hey, but why did you rate The Wise Man's Fear above this one?

Yo, i had a half empty chivas by my side when i did that. I'm telling ya, scotch can be very stronk.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Shadow in Summer.

01/20/2012 page 84
01/22/2012 page 160
48.0% "So definetely now things got interesting! I mean, it's not the boredome of the first... 40 pages? Where basically it was all about three different stories which seemed to lead nowhere, and with little to interest the reader (aside the fact that early on you realize Lita is a bitch). But on a twist all stories converge to the same plot, and suddenly i am eager to know where will this story lead me to."
01/23/2012 page 285
85.0% "I was clearly wrong about Liat's first impressions. She's not a bitch. She is a whore.But far from being horrified by this gentle-sex-prejudice, i find it to be quite rich for the story. Now that i am getting close to then, all the boring descriptions and stuff have definetely paid off. My final review will be when i get home and recharge the kindle."

dateDown_arrow    newest »