Courtney (Fuzzy.Coffee.Books)'s Reviews > Bone Dressing

Bone Dressing by Michelle I. Brooks

Jan 31, 2012

Read in January, 2012

What I Liked: 1) Syd. Syd isn't a shiny happy person. But there is something charming about her...feistiness. There is something about her that makes you want to understand and know more about her. She's a tough girl whose been through a lot, especially the loss of her parents, but she handles it in her own way. It makes for a unique and interesting MC. Also, she has a very sarcastic sense of humor, which I found really entertaining. 2) The concept of "Bone Dressing." Bone dressing, which you can deduce from the summary, is the layers of past lives that lie on Syd's bones. This was a really interesting way to view the idea of reincarnation and time-travel. Two words which I'm pretty sure never appeared anywhere in the book. 3) The plot. There was never a dull moment in Bone Dressing. Once I had started reading, I didn't want to put it down. But even with the exciting plot twists, it didn't get confusing at all. 3) Beau. Beau is the male counterpart to Syd. He takes all of her attitude in stride and calls her on her faults. Between Beau, Sarah, and T.J., I can tell that Syd's life is never going to be the same from the moment she meets them. They develop a relationship unlike any Syd seems to be involved in, and I love how that's helping her grow.

What I Didn't Like: Nothing!

Overall thoughts: Bone Dressing will stun you, startle you, and ultimately, make you fall in love with it as you explore the dark recesses of love, loss, karma and good vs. evil. I loved the story and the plot, and can't wait to see where the characters go next! This is definitely one to add to your TBR list!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bone Dressing.