Bekah's Reviews > Thirteen Reasons Why

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Jan 26, 12

Read from January 22 to 26, 2012

Compelling, sad, poignant... Hannah Baker committed suicide and left a note of sorts, in the form of cassette tapes. With insight and understanding beyond her teenage years, Hannah recounts the people, experiences and interactions that led to her death. Each person she holds responsible will receive the tapes and hear their impact on Hannah's life. A map accompanies the tape, allowing the listeners (and readers) a tour of Hannah's last few months and the places that were significant to her.

I'm not quite so old that I don't remember my teenage years and the strong emotions that characterized them. Love, jealousy, fear... REAL feelings. Asher honors the strength and effect of such emotions in this book.

Besides serving as a warning about teenage suicide, this book reminds us to treat each other well. It's biggest lesson is that you never know what breif encounter might mean to another person, or the lasting imprint you will leave in another's life.

01/22/2012 page 220

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Glenda I have this on my "to read list"! Can't wait!