Ratscats's Reviews > Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly

Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain

Jul 04, 08

Recommended to Ratscats by: my libido
Recommended for: the hungry and the horny
Read in June, 2007

I love food and I love hot sexy chefs with potty mouths.
I remember first discovering Anthony Bourdain on the Food Network many years ago. It was 3am and I was unable to sleep and here was this brooding, hot piece of ass chain smoking and touring Russia.
I never remembered his name but he haunted my dreams until I re-discovered him years later on the Travel Channel show, No Reservations.
In Kitchen Confidential, he is able to translate his sultry self onto paper.
But he is not just a piece of meat, my friends. He is a very good writer with a quit wit and he conveys a passion that touched my [fill in the blank] like no other.
Anthony Bourdain pretty much despises vegetarians, but I do not hold it against him. In fact, he makes me wish I was a heartless carnivore like him. And we would eat steak tartar together and take bathes together in a pool of goats blood.

I've said too much. I'm sorry.
57 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitchen Confidential.

03/03 marked as: read

Noran Miss Pumkin I fell for him on Top Chef--that where I saw him first. He ripped in to the meals and the chefs with equal zeal and adjectives! I have founds his other shows since. His narratives are sultry poetry, that could get me to eat the most icky thing on the planet almost. I just got this book last week to start savoring. love your reviews!

Christine Branch Can I "like" a review? No?
Im new to this.

Jessica Macri haha! I love this review!