Siobian's Reviews > Where Wildflowers Bloom

1362023
Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: historical-fiction, read-in-2012, christian-fiction, review-copy
Read in January, 2012

Faith Lindberg has one dream in mind, to move to Oregon and leave the memories of her father and brother who died in the war behind. In the midst of her plotting and scheming, her grandfather puts her in charge of the mercantile store that has been in the family for years and they make a deal, if Faith can return the store to its former glory, he will think about selling it and making the move to Oregon. Faith begins to see improvements in the store but her new friends Curt and Rosemary make it difficult to keep to her plan of moving. When her old flame, Royal Baxter, returns to town, things get a lot more complicated.

This is the first in the new Sisters at Heart series and if the rest are like this, I will definitely be picking them up. I loved Faith's character and enjoyed watching as her hopes and dreams slowly began evolving into something completely different. I kept hoping for her relationship with Curt to blossom and grew more and more frustrated as she kept turning to Royal, but I liked the way everything turned out. Faith's grandpa was practical and showed his love for God without being preachy. The ending seemed a bit rushed to me, almost as if the author only had three or four pages to tie up ALL loose ends, but that's really the only complaint I have about the book. Otherwise, it was a great read that kept me interested the entire time and hoping all would work out.

*Please note, I received a copy of this novel from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Wildflowers Bloom.