David Caldwell's Reviews > The Bride Wore Black Leather

The Bride Wore Black Leather by Simon R. Green

5082045
Feb 10, 13

bookshelves: fantasy, mystery, noir, series, paranormal
Read on January 16, 2012

This book made me sad because it is John Taylor's last case as a private investigator.But then I quit being sad when it it also was his first case as Walker.

His last case as a P.I.has him investigating the death of The King of Skin at the Immortals Ball.Who can kill an immortal in front of a roomful of witnesses and no one see anything?

His first case as walker has John teaming up with Julien Advent, the Victorian Adventurer when the ghost of the Hawk and Wind Bar disappears.Who is the mysterious Sun King and can he really bring an end to the endless night of the Nightside?

John always manages to solve his cases even if no one wants him to do it.Usually he can rely on his friends and enemies to help, so what will he do when everyone is turned against him including Razor Eddie, Punk God of the Straight Razor,Dead Boy, and even Shotgun Suzie.How can he fight them or even survive?

And all of this happens on the night before his wedding to Shotgun Suzie.

One of the best entries in an awesome series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bride Wore Black Leather.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mike But will we see any more of Taylor as a Walker? The last ending of the no.12 seemed very final!

David Caldwell Never say never when it comes to Mr. Green. But unfortunately I don't expect anything, anytime soon. When I wrote this review, I just didn't want to leave the Nightside.