R.P. Dahlke's Reviews > Maui Widow Waltz

Maui Widow Waltz by JoAnn Bassett

Jan 16, 12

Read in January, 2012

Maui Widow Waltz: by JoAnne Bassett
Kindle $2.99 Link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...

The opening line of this witty, humorous mystery by JoAnne Bassett was a great line and right up my alley: "People marry for two reasons: love or money."

And it gets better from there. Pali Moon has problems enough as a struggling wedding planner. Her company "Let's Get Maui'd," is about to lose its location, she's about to get evicted from her house and naturally it's been raining for weeks, and there's no business to be had. She's broke!
Enter Lisa Marie who is hell-bent (in more ways than one) on Pali helping her plan the "perfect" wedding. Problem is, the groom has gone missing and it looks like he's an accidental drowning victim. But Lisa Marie, the nut-case, won't take no for an answer, and since her dad's a rich, scary mainlander who owns garbage trucks and not one to be crossed, Pali takes the job.
I enjoyed reading this book, but there must've been gremlins between the pages, because I kept hearing someone giggling and occasionally out right laughter… oh yeah, that was me.

This is one fun read and the author gives us plenty of humor with our dead bodies, and enough island life to make me want to jump on an air-plane to Maui.

Highly recommended.

RP Dahlke, Good Reads authorA DEAD RED CADILLAC
A DEAD RED HEART
A DANGEROUS HARBOR

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maui Widow Waltz.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

JoAnn Bassett Thanks Rebecca! I'm losing sleep 'cuz I'm reading "Dead Red Heart" and I can't put it down!

R.P. Dahlke thanks... that's what we all like to hear! I still giggle when I think of your book! Hope you're writing the next one.