Chrissy's Reviews > The Harbinger: The ancient mystery that holds the secret of America's future

The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: everyone-must-read, christian-study
Read from January 16 to February 10, 2012

I'm really torn on giving 5 stars for this book. I will say the stars are solely based on the information in it--it is completely astounding. But the writing and storyline to convey this information is overly juvenile, extremely contrived, and just bad writing so much so that I found myself skimming most of the interaction dialogue between characters to get to the meat of the information. In other words, its a horrible book saved by the factual information and research in it that is so compelling.

If anyone wants a truly compelling indication of the state of our country, this book is it. Throughout the Bible God reveals patterns. The author shows the pattern of the destruction of Israel by the Assyrians as recorded in Isaiah 9:10 being repeated here in America. Beginning with 9/11, the author breaks down this scripture and show how America follows this pattern EXACTLY. Lest you think this is just someone's application of scripture to explain the event, there is AMAZING sourcing to prove where American leaders have stood in specific locations, quoted specific things, witnessed specific events, and circumstances that are so specific, so deliberate, and so precise that unless you believe in God, you will likely be apt to think its made up. Thankfully the author gives you all of the references so you can research it for yourself.

This book convinced me that my sorrow and mourning for America over the last few years hasn't been misapplied. This nation founded upon God (and it IS true regardless of what some people desire to be true)has essentially thumbed her nose at the One who allowed her to become great. While I love my country, I love my God more. This book only confirms that I need to pray for America more--not for her greatness, but for her return to God.
24 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Harbinger.

04/07 marked as: read

Susan Beer I agree with your assessment of the dialogue used to advance the story. I think the information in Rabbi Cahn's book is compelling enough to stand on it's own. However, it may have bothered me less because I love archaeology.