Karen's Reviews > Letters from Nuremberg: My Father's Narrative of a Quest for Justice

Letters from Nuremberg by Christopher J. Dodd

1162099
Jul 04, 08

Read in July, 2008

It is a pity that Thomas Dood did not keep a diary. But maybe its best if he would have written it the same way he wrote letters. His letters to his wife Grace are tedious and repetitive. Yes, he was lonely and depressed to be stuck in post WWII Germany when it was at its worst, dealing with awful things, but it I had to read one more time how much he was homesick and missed her I would have burned the book. Finshed up just in time. Senator Dodd was given almost no information about this time from his parents but he should have tracked down a few to interview so it could have been made into a real book. The best insight into Thomas Dodd was his prattling on about not wanting to run for a politcal seat while trying to run and direct the local and state elections from Nuremberg. The man was sooo going to run for office even while repeating to his poor wife that he would never consider doing such a thing.
The best thing about the book is the name dropping tittle tattle of pompous fools trying to much up the trial and gather personal glory.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Letters from Nuremberg.