Mrs. Palmer's Reviews > As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth

Jan 16, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, young-adult, travel
Read in January, 2012

I checked this out from the library a long time ago, and it had been sitting in my pile. For some reason, I was reluctant to start it. Something about it didn't really appeal to me. I finally got around to reading it, and I see that my gut instinct was right.

This is one of those coincidental stories with lots of action and travel all over the US and parts of the Caribbean. The main character is a boy who loses his cell phone and therefore, all contact with his parents (who happen to be sailing and also without contacts) and his grandfather, who ends up lost as well.

It's a very clean story, meaning nothing unsavory happens despite what my jaded mind wants to think, and that was refreshing. This is the kind of book you truly can recommend to everyone. It's funny in parts, and there are lots of clever asides and references.

But overall, it's not my kind of story. The coincidences just kept piling up, the silly things kept happening, and after 300+ pages, I just wanted it to end and have everyone be together again and happy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As Easy as Falling Off the Face of the Earth.