Forgotten Realms Queen's Reviews > The Lacemakers Of Glenmara

The Lacemakers Of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri

Jan 17, 12

bookshelves: fiction
Read in May, 2009

The Lacemakers of Glenmara is the touching tale of a young woman escaping to her ancestral home of Ireland. Young Kate was abandoned by her fiancee, and after the death of her mother with whom she was very close, Kate felt lost and adrift on the sea of life, and in order to find herself flew to Ireland, picked a direction, and started walking.

She finally winds up in a little village called Glenmara where she makes friends with some of the older women in the village and helps them rediscover a little something about themselves. And in turn they help her find out who she truly is in time to find love once more on the windswept coast of Ireland.

Not as well written as Patrick Taylor's 'Irish Country' series I find, mostly because of the language used. The characters here use English, through and through. Whereas in Patrick's books you can practically taste the brough running through the words.

But this story was still a wonderful read. I think every woman needs to pick this book up and give it a read because we've all been through this at one point or another in our lives. Enjoy ladies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lacemakers Of Glenmara.