Kayt's Reviews > Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

May 19, 2012

bookshelves: dystopian-apocalyptic
Read on May 19, 2012

Yes, I'm lumping apocalyptic and dystopian together for the purpose of shelving. I'm not picky.

I was surprised. It had a sort of rough start for me--Aria and company aren't that likable or interesting, Perry is just confusing. But very quickly we get through all the plotish stuff so that the interesting stuff begins.

In fact, I almost wish that the other Dweller-related stuff didn't exist. Now, if that were true, it'd be a very different book. And not nearly as enjoyable, because the fun part is watching Aria learn about the outside, and the contrast to the inside of the domes.

The problem, though: too few explanations. I mean, we get enough to have a general idea of what happened, but I want to know exactly what happened. What is this aether, and where did it come from? What was the Unity? Where do these powers come from? Please give us a lot more information on Marron because he's so different than all these other Outsiders.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Never Sky.