Tam's Reviews > Hedgehug: A Sharp Lesson in Love

Hedgehug by Dan Pinto

Mar 26, 12

bookshelves: valentines-day
Read in March, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This book was okay. It turns out to have a happy ending but I'm not sure young children (which is what this book is aimed at) need to know about such heartbreak first.

This is the story of a little Hedgehog on Valentine's Day. He knew he would be in love that day but didn't know who with! He made a little card and set out to find his love. The first thing he was was a little bunny but when he tried to give Bunny his card and a hug, she said her name was Doris and that he'd spiked her and she didn't want his stupid card. Then, she stormed off.

Hedgehog saw Owl in the tree. He gave Owl the card and a hug but Owl said his name was Edie and he didn't want the card.

Along came a boar. He gave the card to Boar and then ran! Boar ripped the card. Hedgehug picked it up but he couldn't fix it. He was on his way home when he felt a tap on his shoulder. Armadillo handed him the card but instead of it saying, "I think you're special! Love, Hedgehog" it now said, "Love, Hannah. P.S. I like your spikes."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hedgehug.