Andrea's Reviews > Lifeblood: How to Change the World One Dead Mosquito at a Time

Lifeblood by Alex Perry

Jan 17, 12

bookshelves: popular-science

Very disappointing. This is not a book about malaria. It is a book about how rich businessmen are much smarter, more charitable and all round more valuable human beings than the rest of us. Nations and their elected representatives should just get out of the way and let businessmen set up everything according to a "business model," (structure of which is never really elaborated, but it's a damn sight better than what those stupid African politicians could come up with) and then malaria can be eliminated because they will know how to kill all the mosquitoes in the world and still make a profit. Okay, I'm exaggerating. But I read this expecting to learn about cutting edge malaria research and didn't get what I was expecting. Too many descriptions of how oil company executives and rich philanthropists "got it right" when there really isn't as much evidence as is implied that their methods are better or more efficient.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lifeblood.