Simon Lee's Reviews > Second Son

M 50x66
Jan 16, 12

liked it
Read in January, 2012

There's nothing in here to indicate a certain event shaped him the way he was. What this 'chapter' does (only a few pages long is this book) is merely to confirm that Reacher from a very early age was tall, big, fights well, loves his coffee strong, eats a lot, clearly has a healthy appetite for the opposite sex, and could have made a good Sherlock Holmes if he was brought up in London instead of various army bases around the world. The events in this book are what we know of him already... it's not like he was this mild mannered shy kid who stayed out of trouble and then because of moving to Japan he suddenly had to face up to these things and thus structured his brain to what it is now.

Nice read if you're having withdrawal symptoms from finishing rather too quickly your last Reacher novel or like me, you're still trying to find the parallels between Reacher the character and Tom Cruise. Oh I know... they are both the same height - only that Tom Cruise is still the same height from when Reacher was in his early teens.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Son.