Amy Gideon's Reviews > Persuasion

Persuasion by Jane Austen
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Persuasion.

Quotes Amy Liked

Jane Austen
“All the privilege I claim for my own sex (it is not a very enviable one: you need not covet it), is that of loving longest, when existence or when hope is gone!”

Jane Austen
“A man does not recover from such devotion of the heart to such a woman! He ought not; he does not.”

Jane Austen
“Men have had every advantage of us in telling their own story. Education has been theirs in so much higher a degree; the pen has been in their hands. I will not allow books to prove anything.”

Jane Austen
“I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you.”

Jane Austen
“Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you.”