Mario's Reviews > Yesterday's Gone: Episode 1

Yesterday's Gone by Sean Platt

Jan 17, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, fiction, horror, apocalyptic
Read from January 16 to 17, 2012 — I own a copy

Tantalizing is the best word I can think of for this book. You know at the outset that there will be a cliffhanger, so you can't really complain about that, but it feels a little like the writers are getting away with something; when you end with a cliffhanger, you don't have to go through the effort of coming up with a satisfying conclusion. Well, someone didn't tell that to these guys, because the ending here is as great as the rest of it. So it is not only tantalizing but satisfying, and that is a truly tough thing to pull off.

Another thing that was done really well here was differentiating the characters. You meet each character twice (or so), and, while I didn't really remember their names, I found I never needed to look back to remember which was which. (Each chapter was named after its main character, which makes for easy referencing if you don't find the same ease I found).

I really liked this, and I think the authors are right with their general thesis that the new age of the serial has begun.

I received this free through Goodreads First Reads (thanks!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yesterday's Gone.

01/15/2012 page 24