Jessica `~Blahyze~`'s Reviews > Bloodthirsty

Jan 15, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: books-i-own, young-adult
Read from January 15 to 17, 2012 — I own a copy

Let me start off by saying I liked the originality of this book. Finbar has gone his whole life living in his brother’s shadow and not being the popular one, but when an incident happens at the beach that leads to Finbar being diagnosed with an allergy to the sun things start to get interesting and uses his unfortunate circumstance to his advantage. When Finbar starts his new school rumours start of him being a vampire, which he doesn’t deny, he welcomes to rumours thinking that it will help him be accepted and give him more luck with girls. But one girl isn’t fooled and this happens to be the very girl who is new and also trying to change her own past image. There were some great one-liners and funny moments in this read, one that I really liked at the end is when Luke was trying to get his own angle to impress a girl by pretending to be a werewolf;

““I'm not copying you!" Luke said. "A werewolf is totally different than a vampire! You're creepy all the time. Mine is just, like, a monthly thing...."
"Like PMS?" I suggested."

This was a cute read with many references to other vampire books and such that many readers will be familiar with. The plot is easy to follow and it isn’t overly complicated or cheesy. It’s a light-hearted read and sort-of makes fun of the popularity of the vampire romance genre and how many girls are enthralled by it all. So if you are looking for something different to read, this one might just be the read for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodthirsty.

01/17/2012 page 2