Neriah's Reviews > Emily's House

Emily's House by Natalie Wright

Feb 20, 12

bookshelves: my-ebooks, author-requests-arcs-blog-tours
Read from February 03 to 20, 2012

First of all I would love to thank Natalie Wright for contacting me to review her novel.

I understand this novel may not be for everyone. When I first read the description I thought "well, this could either be really good or really bad." It turned out to be an amazing read!

Just a warning- there is a bit of profanity in it, but this is appearing in more and more books so It doesn't bother me.

I am pleasantly surprised at this novel. I've never read anything that has to due with Celtic anything- and that's such a huge part of this book. I mean that's basically part one of the book, and the rest continues to make references to the backstory and it's like filling in the missing pieces to a puzzle. It's incorporated really nicely, and the way every event connects was fantastic.

I felt compelled to keep reading because I don't feel the author thought she needed to use big words or unnecessary details to keep the reader interested. The author included a lot of information and backgrounds on the characters- but only when it was relevant and she still managed to keep them interesting.

There's also another dimension created in this book and it's not exactly what I expected it to be. When I hear "another dimension" I tend to think robots, aliens, everything is upside down- I don't know. This was basically whatever you wanted it to be. There were some really cool thoughts expressed through the characters- and let me say it was refreshing to see some characters who weren't dim witted.

I wouldn't hesitate to tell anyone to read this book!

I don't know how to really review this book without giving spoilers, yet showing how much I loved it. I'm definitely going to be reading the next book in the series, which by the way should be available in the Fall of 2012.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emily's House.

02/03/2012 page 53
16.51% "This is really good! I can't wait for you all to hear about it! :)"