Avry15's Reviews > Amaranth

Amaranth by Rachael Wade

Oct 16, 14

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, vampires, reviewed, young-adult
Read in January, 2012

originally appeared on:Bookshelf Confessions

First and foremost, congrats to the book’s designer, it’s beautiful and eye-catching…(clap..clap…:D)

The storyline is interesting… especially Gavin’s middle name, Deveraux.. I love French… the first setting of the book too is breathtaking… where else would someone plot a romance story…---Paris…:D and of course Louisiana become vibrant and alive with the author’s description.

Another thing that made me curious, as to why the boys always bring them back before midnight…why, oh why?... you’ll find it out if you read the book…I just couldn’t give everything away…lol…

The book talked about what women constantly face especially in relationship, how some continually experience violence from their supposedly protectors and lovers. It’s nice that Camille somehow finds it in her heart that everything was too much and that she should stand for herself and leaves that guy.

It’s a different take on vampire stuffs..another conflict.. It seems vampires have other abilities too,,..they don’t only suck blood, also dreams, desire and hope too.. wow! Amaranth seems to be a wonderful place…and I can’t help but think about how Gavin and Camille end up, would they live as humans or as vampires…

I wish too that Gabe and Audrey would be expanded in the story.. or maybe that Ms. Wade could write their own story..(just me and my overly-reactive imaginings…lol..)

The first meeting of the characters are unforgettable… it’s simply a wonderful coincidence…lol.. The characters are lovable and real.. you could relate to them easily…

At first I think the story is slow-paced, but when it got to the 2nd up to the last part, I find myself engulfed with too much actions, revelations, and unconditional love the characters have for each other.

The end part of the book blow me away.. it’s too much..actions here and there…I have never been engrossed in a story and then it left me off the hook… OMG! What else could this book do to me..:D

Talk of a real cliffhanger….. I hate the last part, especially when it keeps telling me that I couldn’t stay put until I read the next book --The Gates lol… I’ll definitely be looking and begging for this one…. Highly recommended!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amaranth.