Michèle's Reviews > The Way of Thorn and Thunder

The Way of Thorn and Thunder by Daniel Heath Justice

Jan 15, 2012

bookshelves: fantastic-fantasy
Read from January 15 to March 30, 2012

I regret to have to leave this lovingly built world.

Imagine if Tolkien had been an Amerindian.

A lovingly built country inhabited by various races, and genre-bending, the stuff of a great adventure movie.

More later.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way of Thorn and Thunder.

01/15/2012 page 54
10.0% "If Tolkien had been native, he would have written this story. New saga, a complex map at the beginning telling me that the action will expand..."
01/25/2012 page 110
20.0% "This universe kind of grows on you... I do like to read a part every evening, at the end of a busy day."
01/25/2012 page 112
21.0% "On page 100, there was a fine description of a vegetal landscape, with about 5-6 plants named, while I find difficult to write an apt description of one or two trees in my fiction!"
02/04/2012 page 150
28.0% "Discovering the central Kyn city and meeting nice characters, réminiscent of Amerindians but not too much. A brand of fantasy with a Tolkien touch."
02/10/2012 page 184
30.0% "Un livre à lire tranquillement: l'auteur a pris beaucoup de plaisir pour construire sa société et il nous la détaille... un peu trop."
02/28/2012 page 280
45.0% "I am still immersed in this universe"
03/13/2012 page 335
54.0% "this book is growing on me. Amerindian fantasy was awkward to grasp in the beginning, but then, the trilogy hit the speed pedal soon enough."
03/15/2012 page 389
63.0% "Murphy's law strikes will all its might on the Kyn holiest place. And this closes the second tome. I am fortunate to have bought the three books wielded together..."
03/23/2012 page 478
78.0% "Ooooh, la grosse confrontation finale approche... Chuis sur'l'bord de ma chaise!"
show 1 hidden update…