Meagan's Reviews > Into the Wilderness

Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati

Jul 03, 2008

bookshelves: own, historical-fiction, love-romance, 2008-reads
Read in July, 2008

This was nothing more than a guilty pleasure reading. Being the first in a series of five so far, the story line takes up from Last of the Mohicans and revolves around Nathaniel (Hawkeye and Cora's son) who is now in his early-mid thirties. He falls in love with Elizabeth Middleton, recently having arrived in America from England and the daughter of the local judge. I see this as more of a love story sprinkled with a little historical fiction. The author jumps right into the relationship within a few pages. Although there is a storyline aside from the two of them the main emphasis is on Nathaniel and Elizabeth. This was not a deep, philosophical book like 'East of Eden' which I recently finished. Maybe that is why I liked it. There might have been some mild swearing but I don't recall. There are some love scenes but most are fairly tasteful if I remember correctly. They might be more than a conservative reader would prefer...I can't remember now that I have moved onto other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Wilderness.