Roberta 's Reviews > If Books Could Kill A Bibliophile Mystery

If Books Could Kill A Bibliophile Mystery by Kate Carlisle

Jan 15, 12

bookshelves: mystery

This isn't so much a bibliomystery as it is Stephanie Plum goes west.

The star of the show is a young woman with loony parents. She is involved with a handsome hunk who is connected to law enforcement and with another drop-dead gorgeous guy who operates outside of the law. She has a female sidekick who is noticed for her physical attributes. If you like Janet Evanovich's books, you've come to the right place.

I have decided that it is an advantage for my reading pleasure to believe that, in the world of fiction, all ordinary girls are pursued by multiple incredibly gorgeous men who are great kissers. But some things sent my suspended disbelief into a nose dive. No professional bookbinder would ever be seen in public with a priceless rare book in one hand and a Cadbury bar in the other. Brooklyn slobbers food all over her own projects and dealers' books at the book fair. In this book Brooklyn wins a very prestigious bookbinding contest with a project that she worked on for "hours." And how did she get all those knives past homeland security without getting yanked out of line and detained for a rubber-gloved strip search?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If Books Could Kill A Bibliophile Mystery.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mark That sums it up perfectly. I found it sophomoric, and cute - and really, are all women neurotic, self-doubting, hapless, and yet still capable of attracting myriad millionaire hotties?

If so, I should rethink that sex change.

Nevertheless, not unlike Aurora Teagarden and Sookie Stackhouse (Charlaine Harris), I found Brooklyn to be weak and tedious but exceptionally accomplished. And a millionaire to boot?