All Things Urban Fantasy's Reviews > Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet

Nov 10, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-by-abigail
Read in November, 2012

Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy See site review for similar titles

Lorelei King, the actress who also narrates Janet Evanovich and Patricia Briggs books, brings Charley to life in the most vibrant and hilarious way possible in FORTH GRAVE BENEATH MY FEET. It’s doubly fitting that this is the same actress who voices both Stephanie Plum and Mercy Thompson since Charley Davidson since she’s pretty much a blend of those two characters. Like Stephanie, she’s got a wacky group of friends and family, an indelible optimism, and a quick fire sense of humor. And like Mercy, she’s got a supernatural heritage, a tortured past, a protector streak a mile wide.

FORTH GRAVE BENEATH MY FEET may be the fourth outing for Charley, but it was my first book in the series. I obviously missed a lot, but Darynda’s characters are so easily embraced, so clearly written, that I was able to fully invest in Charley and her story. I do intend to go back and start from the beginning, but not because I’m lost. I just want to spend more time with Charley…and Reyes.

Reyes. Talk about the ultimate bad boy. He’s scary hot…probably because he’s the son of the Devil. He and Charley have a steamy and volatile past that I could not get enough of. When these two are together, the pages literally singe. Urban fantasy fans who like anti alpha heroes will fall head over heels for Reyes. He’s just the right amount evil to keep things interesting while holding the possibility of redemption just out of reach.

Funny, sexy, and smart. That’s Charley. Urban fantasy needs more heroines like her. The next book in the Charley Davidson series is called FIFTH GRAVE PAST THE LIGHT and will be published on July 9, 2013. Look for the audio book version once again narrated by the fantastic Lorelei King hits shelves on the same day.

Sexual Content:
Moderately graphic sex scene. References to sexual misconduct

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet.