Kathryn's Reviews > The Iron Knight

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Feb 08, 12

bookshelves: books-i-have, fiction, for-review, got-in-2012, young-adult, read-in-2012, lt
Read from January 17 to February 05, 2012

Having only read the first book in this series "The Iron King", I was a bit worried that this, the fourth book, wouldn't make a lot of sense to me. Fortunately that wasn't the case at all. Everything is explained really well and I think I could have quite easily enjoyed this book as a standalone.

Ash wants to be with Meghan, but unfortunately for him, the realm where she lives is deadly to him. The only way he can go to her is if he completes a quest to get a soul and become mortal. Ash is joined on his quest by a group of companions, includng Robyn Goodfellow, the Big Bad Wolf, Ariella and Grimalkin the talking cat. I thought that this made the story more interesting and the banter between the characters was amusing.

The story is packed full of action and adventure with some romance and sadness thrown in. I was hooked from start to finish and strongly reccommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good fairy tale.

Received from MiraInk in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Knight.

01/18/2012 page 73