Eva (TXBookjunkie)'s Reviews > Nobody's Hero

Nobody's Hero by Kallypso Masters

A tearjerker. I didn't read the previous books since the first one did not guarantee a HEA and the second one didn't appeal to me. But I'm a sucker for Diana Palmer gruff older heroes and young virgin heroines who go after the man they want. There were a lot of previous characters and backstory mentioned in the first chapter but I didn't have a problem catching up with how each character related to each other and the history leading up to the story's main characters.

I felt like shaking the hero occasionally with his fear of communication and his denial of being seen as a hero. I also felt like the heroine did a 180 when she agreed to try out the Master/slave lifestyle. The explanation of her deep desire to gain the hero's love was mildly acceptable (though why would such a strong willed person want someone who doesn't love them for who they are?). I also was confused regarding the situation between the hero and his mother and the night he ran away but it's probably an editing issue. There was a slight paranormal aspect to the story I wasn't expecting, but it didn't mar the overall story for me since I read PNR. I liked how well the story advanced and there were some hot BDSM scenes (rope scenes, D/s). Lots of angst from the hero. I couldn't put the book down. I'm really looking forward to Damien's story.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nobody's Hero.

01/15/2012
11.0% "Ok. No one told me this was a PNR."