Emily's Reviews > One Night, Two Heirs

One Night, Two Heirs by Maureen Child

Jan 29, 12

bookshelves: betrayal, marine-navy-seal, pregnancy, cowboys, harlequin, own-kindle
Read from January 28 to 29, 2012

Marine Rick Pruitt returns home to Royal, Texas with a month to figure out if he wants to reenlist or come home and take care of his land. The only thing he is completely sure of is he wants to seek out the woman he couldn't stop thinking about for the last three years, Sadie Price. One night with her and Rick's world turned upside down, literally.

Sadie knew the time had come to tell Rick he had twin daugthers when she bumped into him, but she is shocked when he demands marriage. As often as she turns him down, he strikes back with every enticement he can think of, seduction among them, but the one thing Sadie truly wants he is not offering, his love.

I liked the idea of this one, but was disappointed. I struggled with three years of not telling Rick he was a father, although it is rationalized in the story it was something I couldn't get past.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Night, Two Heirs.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  E It was not one of my faves by Maureen Child.

Emily Jennifer wrote: "It was not one of my faves by Maureen Child."

Me either, I got tired of Sadie and thought she was a bit of a jerk towards Rick at times. I normally like Maureen Child, but this was not one of the best of her works.