JK's Reviews > Tongue Party

Tongue Party by Sarah Rose Etter

Feb 17, 12

bookshelves: caketrain
Read in February, 2012

There is a fragile tangibility to this collection and I simply don't have the skill to express quite how profound that makes it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tongue Party.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jacob Dammit, now I'm trapped on Caketrain Press's website. Help!

message 2: by JK (last edited Feb 06, 2012 05:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JK I hadn't been on the site before, but I now see why you're stuck. I'm going to need each one of those. In print. Damn the site!

Darn. Some of them are out of print. I'll have to find them elsewhere...

Some of them are free to download though! Score!

Jacob Oh, cool. I didn't notice the availability key. Sweet!

Free downloads! Score!

message 4: by JK (new) - rated it 5 stars

JK It's a little hard to notice the diamonds, they're so small and the covers are so large. It definitely would be more accessible if they reduced the size of the images.

Jacob Yes, very.

You say you're unsure about this collection, but would you say it's still worth reading? Looks very interesting.

message 6: by JK (new) - rated it 5 stars

JK Definitely. I've just not read much like it so it's hard to describe.

The B&N eBook is lendable, do you have an account with them? I could send it yer way.

Jacob Nope, no account. But I just read the sample on their site, and I think I'll buy the paperback. Just gotta find a second title to go with the 2-for-$13 deal. Short Dark Oracles and The Weather Stations both look good.

message 8: by JK (new) - rated it 5 stars

JK There's also a $27 thing for five of them. If you click on Short Dark Oracles it lists that deal. You're basically getting one of them for a $1.

... I may have to go for this myself.

Jacob It's on the others, too. I saw it on Tongue Party, but didn't connect "Cure, Ghost, Oracles, Weather" with the other titles. Derp.

$27 for five is a good deal. It's either "get 2 groups at 2-for-$13 and 1-for-$1," "Buy 3 for $9 each, get two free," or "$5.40 each." I like 'em all.

Jacob And warning: Stay away from their "Recommendations" page. More small press publishers. It's a trap!

message 11: by JK (last edited Feb 06, 2012 06:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JK It happens.

Me too. I'm definitely going to order the five of them. Now that I've read the description of The Weather Station, that one seems really good. I happen to find weather quite enjoyable.

Jacob Yep, same here.

message 13: by Jacob J. (new)

Jacob J. There's a promising title!

message 14: by JK (new) - rated it 5 stars

JK It was the cover that got me.

Jacob Did you get the books yet? I ordered them last Monday right after we talked, and they just came today. Which is pretty cool, because I was still waiting for them to send me a shipping notice.

message 16: by JK (last edited Feb 13, 2012 05:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JK Ah! I forgot to go back and order them! I didnt't order them the night we discussed it, I must admit, I was lazy and didnt want to go out to my car (for my wallet.) I think I'll get 'em right now though.

Are they nice looking?

Jacob Yep! Quite nice. Great cover art too, although Ghost Machine's minimalist design kinda sticks out.

message 18: by JK (new) - rated it 5 stars

JK I was especially fond of Ghost Machine's cover for that very reason.