Cindi's Reviews > The Abduction of Mary Rose

The Abduction of Mary Rose by Joan Hall Hovey

Jan 15, 12

bookshelves: 2012, kindle-free, favorites
Read on January 15, 2012

I got this book as a freebie for my Kindle. My luck with the freebies has been back and forth.... some good, some decent, and some downright horrible. Very rarely do I find a book (free or otherwise) that I enjoy as much as I did this one. Everything started immediately. It did not start with a lot of unnecessary details, as most books do. The story literally starts at the very first page and keeps going until the very end. There were a few editing issues and at times I would have to read a sentence a couple of times for it to make sense to me. It wasn't every single page so I was able to overlook it, for the most part.

When Naomi's mother dies after a long bout with cancer, she learns that everything she has believed her entire life is a lie. Thanks to her vindictive aunt immediately after her mother's death, Naomi learns that she was adopted as a baby. Not only adopted but her birth was as a result of a brutal rape and murder. The murderer was never caught. Once Naomi gets over her feeling of betrayal by her adopted mother, she sets out on a quest to find justice for her birth mother. As it is 28 years after the crime, the police do not go out of their way to help her. So she goes to the media and Naomi's story is run in the local paper. This is when everything really gets going. The murderer reads the story and sets out to destroy the only evidence of the crime he committed 28 years prior...... the daughter conceived during that act.

This is a very fast paced book. There is always something going on. No dragging or lulls. There was so much going on that I did not want to put my Kindle down, even when the battery got to almost zero. Everything came together exactly the way it should have. The ending was perfect.

This is my first by this author. It definitely will not be my last.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Abduction of Mary Rose.