Kristen (Peddler of Smut)'s Reviews > For You

For You by Kristen Ashley

Solid 4 stars

Wow! What an intense and gripping read!

For You is a intricately written, multi-layered suspense story with a great romance and a cast of fantastic characters. The plot is full of suspense, drama, heartache, passion, steamy sex scenes, and one seriously crazy, out-of-his-mind, psycho killer.

For You had my attention from the first page to the last. Mystery and suspense seemed to be the main focus of the book rather than Kristen Ashley's typical romance centered plots—although, there was plenty of romance as well.

The "second chance at romance" storyline between Colt and Feb was touching, heartbreaking, and very emotional. My heart broke for these two wonderful characters and the injustices done to them. These two were destined to be together, and when that finally happens for them, there was genuine joy in my heart.

As with all Kristen Ashley books, the epilogue was full of happiness, memories, and lots of heart and soul. This one left me with a big smile on my face. I find myself as anxious to read her epilogues as I am to read the main story. That how amazing they are.

For You is another fantastic book by Kristen Ashley and one I definitely recommend.

If you're already a Kristen Ashley addict, or interested in checking out her books, be sure to stop by our Kristen Ashley Addict's Support Group here on Goodreads!
46 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For You.

03/04/2012
16.0% "This book feels more like a suspense-romance book than KA other books have. Those books seemed to focus more on the romance. This book seems more focused on the suspence. I'm sure there will be romance. It's KA after all."
03/04/2012
22.0% "I'll be honest, this is a fantastic story but I miss that magical spark that all her h/h have in their stories. There is no romance in this book and it's kinda bumming me out. There isn't that all consuming spark between this couple. I hope that will change. But there just seems to be too much water under the bridge for these two to ever really get back together and make me a believer. I just want my KA romance." 4 comments
03/04/2012
23.0% "OMG! I left that last comment, turned the page, started reading again, and BAM! That magical spark and romance that I was talking about missing? So not the case anymore. The hero just gave the unexpecting heroine one hell of a KISS! *swoons* Shame on me for ever doubting KA when it comes to romance!" 10 comments
48.0% 2 comments
03/05/2012
48.0% "OMG! OMG! OMG! Kristen Ashley YOU always take me by surprise. Always. I never ever see it coming. Never!"
03/05/2012
62.0% "This is a very intricately woven plot. Not only can KA write romance but she can write a very good suspence book. Honestly, this book is more suspence than romance, but it's a fabulous story so far. I'm blown away!"
03/05/2012
68.0% "Oh no. I have such conflicting emotions right now. I love Feb & Colt together but my heart just broke over that awesome and heartbreaking conversation between Reece & Feb. Reece had such regret, he knew he let a good thing walk away. You could feel they shared something special. I'm so heartbroken for him. Reece was only given a few pages but left a huge impression on me. I think I love him even more than Colt." 2 comments
03/05/2012
78.0% "I really hope my prediction is right. I think Cheryl become the love interest of Reece. I hope. I hope. I hope. I love her character." 3 comments
03/06/2012
89.0% "Colt and Feb are going to need some major therapy once they catch this sick f*ck! There is no way anyone could handle someone playing the sick games psycho man has been playing with them, and not have some problems dealing with the aftermath" 6 comments
03/06/2012
95.0% "I will NEVER be able to hear the words For You and not get chills and a sick feeling in my stomach." 2 comments

Melanie Can't wait to read what you think of this one. I have to admit the cover picture is a bit, hmmm, offputting...

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) I'm liking it so far. It's a very involved plot. Yeah, the picture cover is odd. I usually love KA covers, this one, not so much.

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Nice review Kristen. I'll need to jump back on the KA train, sometime. ;)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Wendy wrote: "Nice review Kristen. I'll need to jump back on the KA train, sometime. ;)"

Thanks Wendy. I'm about ready to O.D. here on the KA train, but I can't seem to get off. Lol.

message 5: by Wendy (new)

Wendy LOL, Kristen!

message 6: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Great review Kristen. I like that this series has more of a suspense element than her other series, and of course the trademark yummy epi!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Thanks Karla. I really think you'll love this book. After I dealt with the relationsip not being front and center in the normal KA way (the relationship would very much be front and center for your average book though. Does that make sense?) I loved how the h/h relationship fit the book. The plot is amazingly told. It's the best mystery/suspense books I've read. KA does a fantastic job with this story's plot.

Shawna Nice review, Kristen! This wasn't my favorite KA read, but it still earned 4 stars.

Searock Such a good review Kristen!!!

Roche TOTALLY loved this book, Kristen! :)

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Me too, Roche! ❤

Roche Didn't like, though, that Feb wanted to keep a photo of Butch and she called Reece "honey" :-|

message 15: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Aug 26, 2013 10:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) It's been forever since I read this book. Your comments make me want to re-read this story. :)

Roche HAHA! I'm not going to stop you ;-) Reece seems hot, btw. Can't wait to read his story!